GANGLAND USERS

GANGLAND IS A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PROJECT

Gangland was started ten years ago as a methods of tracking and reporting the social growth of gangs worldwide.It is based on factual reporting from journalists worldwide.Research gleaned from Gangland is used to better understand the problems surrounding the unprecedented growth during this period and societies response threw the courts and social inititives. Gangland is owner and run by qualified sociologists and takes no sides within the debate of the rights and wrongs of GANG CULTURE but is purely an observer.GANGLAND has over a million viewers worldwide.Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite.
PROFANITY,RACIST COMMENT Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
Send us your feedback

Comments

Comments:This is your opportunity to speak out about the story you just read. We encourage all readers to participate in this forum.Please follow our guidelines and do not post:Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo, such as accusing somebody of a crime, defaming someone's character, or making statements that can harm somebody's reputation.Obscene, explicit, or racist language.Personal attacks, insults, threats, harassment, or posting comments that incite violence.Comments using another person's real name to disguise your identity.Commercial product promotions.Comments unrelated to the story.Links to other Web sites.While we do not edit comments, we do reserve the right to remove comments that violate our code of conduct.If you feel someone has violated our posting guidelines please contact us immediately so we can remove the post. We appreciate your help in regulating our online community. Read more: http://royalespot.blogspot.com/#ixzz0cg4WCuMS

Search Gangland

Custom Search

Friday, 15 June 2012

GANGSTER whose shooting sparked a gang fight months later which left one man fighting for his life has had an anti-social behaviour injunction taken out against him.


06:05 |

Masked members of rival gangs took part in the mass brawl in a Howdon street armed with samurai swords, machetes and knives in April last year. The two feuding gangs arranged a fight near the Rosehill pub, in Churchill Street, to resolve a dispute over the shooting of Paul Borg the year before. Borg was shot in August 2010 outside his Quay View home in Willington Quay, and the rival factions taunted each other afterwards via text messages and the social networking site Facebook. In February, all but one of the 17 involved were jailed at Newcastle Crown Court for their parts in the brawl, with Borg being put behind bars for 28 months. The 26-year-old is due to be released this week, but North Tyneside Council’s safer estates team last week applied for an anti-social behaviour injunction to ban him from areas of Howdon, Willington, Holy Cross, Battle Hill and Hadrian Park. Prosecutor Peter Rowbottom said: “Borg was one of the main protagonists involved in this matter. “The council is seeking an injunction that effectively has one major condition, that he is excluded from an area covering the whole of Wallsend. “The council has to protect its residents from such violence.” The case follows on from seven others involving thugs involved in the brawl, but Borg is also banned from Hadrian Park and Battle Hill in Wallsend as a result of previous convictions. In mitigation for Borg, Sarah Barratt told the court that he would contest the exclusion zone on his release as he has a 90-year-old grandmother living in the no-go area. Borg is the eighth gang member to have had an anti-social behaviour injunction taken out against him. The others are Mark Amis, 24, of Kendal Gardens, Wallsend; David Amis, 29, of Harle Street, Wallsend; Geno Davidson, 21, of Lannerwood, North Shields; Terry Pomfrey, 20, of Barton Close in Wallsend; Jordan Hammond, 19, of Radnor Gardens in Howdon; Christopher Terrance, 23, of Bowness Avenue in Howdon; and Jonathan Smart, 29, of Weetslade Crescent, Dudley. Smart was given his injunction at North Shields County Court on Monday. Deputy district judge Peter Bullock agreed to the two-year order but allowed a review hearing for Borg to contest the conditions next month. After the hearing, Colin Boxshall, the council’s safer estates manager, said: “These injunctions reaffirm our resolve to put victims first and to put a stop to crime and anti-social behaviour. “We take prompt appropriate and decisive action to deal with issues before they escalate and apply robust processes for managing anti-social behaviours cases. “Everyone has the right to enjoy peace and quiet in their own homes and neighbourhood, and we will take whatever action that is necessary to make that happen.”


You Might Also Like :


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails