One of three gang members charged in last year's stabbing death of a Sutter man pleaded no contest on Tuesday to reduced charges. Carlos Alvarez Flores, Jr., pleaded to a felony count of criminal street gang participation. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dropped a homicide charge. Deputy Sutter County District Attorney Cameron King said video evidence made it clear that Flores was not a primary participant in the July 24, 2011, death of Isais Herrejon. Flores' deal did not include any agreement to testify against alleged coconspirators Miguel Angel Huerta Rosas and Hector Alvaro Baca, King said. Flores and Rosas are Linda residents, and Baca is from Sutter. As part of the plea deal, Flores will be sentenced on Jan. 22 to the maximum of three years in prison. Herrejon, 28, of Sutter, was stabbed outside a gas station at 7505 Highway 20. He died at the scene. Rosas is accused of stabbing Herrejon while Baca and Flores looked on. A motive for the killing has not been released. Baca waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday and is due back in court Aug. 16 for arraignment in Sutter County Superior Court.
You Might Also Like :